It has a hairy stem, long leaves and white flowers. Of the whole plant, its root is the most used and appreciated.
The carrot is rich in vitamin A (vitamin of growth), B and C and provitamin A (carotene). It also contains of3 to 7% sugars directly comparable (levulose and dextrose), abundant minerals and trace elements, iron, phosphorus, calcium, sodium, potassium, magnesium, and an essence that is the carton.
- Useful for respiratory conditions like asthma and bronchitis while increasing the visual ability.
- The carrot also increases the number of red blood cells and hemoglobin index and exerts a stimulating action on the functions of the liver, where his fame as beautifying the skin (wrinkles) and health advocate.
- It is also effective in cases of childhood problems such as diarrhea, and inappetence delicate intestines.
- Externally, the carrot can be applied on boils, sores, leg ulcers, burns and herpes for rapid healing.
Natural Remedies and carrots
- Natural remedy # 1: For the vision is recommended to take half a glass of carrot juice. To do so, wash and peel two carrots of regular size and liquefies with a cup of water. In order to achieve greater efficiency, we suggest taking it in the morning.
- Natural remedy # 2: In cases of bronchitis or cough, it is advisable to prepare a decoction of two hundred grams of the pulp of the root of the carrot in half a liter of water until the water becomes viscous, and taken with milk and honey or sugar.
- Natural remedy # 3: To combat childhood diarrhea, prepare a soup with half a kilo of carrots carefully scraped and cut into pieces. Boil in a quart of water until cooked through and passed through the press of vegetables. Boiled water is added to one liter of soup, and salt with a teaspoon of sea salt. This soup should be stored in a cool, to be consumed within twenty-four hours, be continued for two or three days. The most liquid part of the soup can be a bottle and the rest with a spoon. Turn the milk diet gradually, in five or six days, decreasing the amount of carrots DE500 100 g per one liter of water.
- Natural remedy # 4: In cases of lack of appetite, prepare carrot seed infusions in doses of one teaspoon per cup of boiling water.
- Natural remedy # 5 When you have boils, sores, leg ulcers, burns and herpes apply poultices of fresh leaves carved or shredded raw carrots.
- Popular Remedy # 6: carrot juice lotions give flexibility to the skin of the face and neck, and fight wrinkles.
People with diabetes should not eat because it contains too much sugar
Recipes for healthy eating carrots
- Carrots Braised with rosemary:
In this recipe requires a bit of olive oil, with which it will skip for a few minutes 2 chopped onions. Then they should add 4 large carrots sliced, 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, a sprig of rosemary and two bay leaves.
Then they must cook a few more minutes stirring continuously. He gets the calls, salted and simmer for 15 minutes. It removes the heat and garnish with chopped parsley ..
- Carrots with cumin:
In this recipe should be cut 1 kg of sliced carrots 1 / 2 cm wide and arranged in a pot which is covered with water. Boil until al dente. Then cut and save the cooking liquid to use later. In a pot, sofreí simmer for 10 minutes 2 cloves garlic, 1 / 2 teaspoon dried thyme, 1 / 2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1 / 2 tsp cumin seeds 5 tablespoons olive oil .
Then you must add the cooking liquid from carrots and a 1 bay leaf. Let it boil for 15 minutes until the sauce is thick. Then add the carrots and mix with sauce. You remove the bay leaf and pour the carrots on a hot plate