The elderly people, due to the deterioration of certain organs of the body and the consequent reduction of its functionality.
In this sense, can manifest fatigue, lack or deficit in the cerebral irrigation (which may lead to memory problems and disorientation), diabetes, hypertension, cardiovascular problems, insomnia, depression, urinary incontinence, decreased hearing and vision and loss of reflexes.
To do this, there are herbs that can promote the welfare of the elderly to be a support to medical treatment that he is providing or to reduce the consumption of drugs.
Moreover, the beneficial effects of these plants, it is important that older adults lead active, healthy life with a positive attitude and open mind where she does not neglect social relations exercise and not abused substances such as snuff or alcohol. Here we present plants beneficial for older adults:
- To prevent blood stagnation, we have the help of garlic which have the virtue of reducing the viscosity of the blood and dissolve fatty plaques (cholesterol) that attach to the walls and blood clots. Garlic is considered also a hypoglycaemic what makes it useful for seniors with diabetes.
- How to eat: For those who have no problems (by taste and smell) of eating a raw garlic are recommended to take of2 to 4 teeth. More accepted shall take the form of beads (5-6 day), capsules (3 g daily), in tincture or liquid extract (50 drops three shots).
Precautions. The pure oil can not be well tolerated by some people.
- Many women and some men to reach the elderly suffering from fractures or broken bones caused by osteoporosis which is loss of bone density causing them to become more fragile and brittle.
- A very common legume, alfalfa is rich in isoflavones, in minerals such as calcium, iron, potassium, phosphorus and vitamins C, D and K, which makes it an appropriate remedy to relieve osteoporosis bones to calcify and consolidate the possible fractures.
- It is also useful in treating anemia, weakness, convalescence, fatigue and lack of energy.
- How to take it. It is recommended for salads, but can also be ingested in liquid extract (about 30 drops three shots), capsule (2-3 day) infusion of fresh plant or juice.
Precautions. It must match his taking estrogen treatments.
- Because obesity and a diet high in animal fats, white flour, many older people suffer from some degree of osteoarthritis which is a degenerative process that erodes the cartilage between the joints especially the knees, hips, shoulders and back. This wear leads to difficulty in movement and great pain.
- The leaves of ash helps to face this problem assume a clear diuretic, purifying and anti-inflammatory. Also, are well suited for correcting excess uric acid, which attack the joints and has a diuretic action that helps people with fluid retention.
- How to take it. We recommend the infusion of leaves, up to three cups a day, in syrup or, for external use, in decoction applied in ointments and massage or rub.
Precautions. As with any diuretic, its use should be under control in people with hypertension or heart disease.
Ginkgo biloba leaves
- Ginkgo acts as a neuronal protector, which promotes cerebral blood flow. It also helps to increase mental performance, slow or delay memory loss and prevent dizziness, ringing in the ears and disorientation experienced by many couples.
- It is useful to prevent vascular accidents such as arteriosclerosis and strokes, senile dementia to delay and treat poor circulation problems such as phlebitis, varicose veins, phlebitis and hemorrhoids.
- How to take it. In capsule or tablet, 2-3 three times a day in tea leaves (alone or combined with blueberry, sweet clover and red grapes), up to two cups a day, before eating, in tincture, liquid extract and blisters (mixed with witch hazel and sweet clover).