The water, the chemical that is present in nature in liquid, solid or gaseous, is essential to the health and lives of all beings on our planet.
Even the human body, as well as animals and plants is made often between 66% to 75% water forming part of their total weight.
Since water is a vital element has been used since ancient times for therapeutic purposes in the form of baths, drinks and various applications.
Currently, all studies agree that the use of water is good because:
- Moisturizes and prevents the body organs to rub together.
- Lubricates joints, improving the endurance of the muscles and ligaments.
- It regulates body temperature.
- Avoid chronic constipation.
- Remove toxins and body waste.
- Stimulates the metabolic function.
- Moisturizes, cleans and maintains the elasticity of the skin.
- Helps improve the appearance of cellulite and stretch marks.
- Provides feeling of fullness, so it is useful to regulate appetite and thus lose weight.
- It allows a correct work of the kidneys.
- Lift your natural defenses.
- Prevents infections.
- Among the different forms of water use in the home remedies found application in the form of ice known as ice therapy or cryotherapy.
Its use dates back to antiquity, when the doctor and philosopher Galen (129-199 AD) found ice on the benefits of certain treatments.
It is known that the therapeutic power of ice is produced due to a transfer of heat energy into the tissue causing a decrease in temperature.
The most obvious physiological change of this decline is the vasoconstriction of cutaneous blood vessels, which gives the pale as the first result of the region and local thermoregulatory effect that decreases blood flow to the skin.
Home Remedies with Ice
- Home remedy for fever with ice Fill a bag of ice water and apply on the forehead, wrists and calves. Remove the towels and apply new ones when the person begins to feel hot fever. This remedy helps to reduce the increase in body temperature.
- Home remedy against the icy cold sores. Apply ice directly on the first tingling of a cold sore known to reduce inflammation
- Home remedy for hives ice or itching Rub an ice cube on the itchy area which helps to reduce it, because the cold keeps blood vessels open, allowing it to swell and release too much histamine.
- Home remedy for edema. Apply ice bag of water with ice to decrease edema.
- Home Remedy for ice nosebleed Place an ice pack to stimulate the narrowing of blood vessels and reduce bleeding in case of nosebleed.
- Home remedy for bruises on ice and blows. Apply an ice pack on the area you just take a punch and continue treatment for 24 hours. This remedy compresses blood vessels, which results in less flow of blood spilled to the tissues. Consequently, it avoids the possible occurrence of large black spots or bruises, inflammation is reduced to a minimum and numbs the area so that you reduce the pain.
- Home remedies for bee sting ice Put an ice pack on a bee sting to stop the swelling and keep the itching spread.
- Home Remedy ice for neck pain or stiffness. Apply an ice pack or ice wrapped in a towel when you start to feel the product of a stiff neck stiffness.
- Home remedy for sore muscles with ice: Put an ice pack over the area where the muscle pain and improve for 20 to 30 minutes. Ice is a powerful anti-inflammatory and helps relieve pain.
- Home remedies for toothaches Ice: Put an ice pack on the sore part for 15 minutes several times a day until they reach the dental office.
- Home remedies for sore feet ice: Wrap a few ice cubes in a washcloth and rub on the feet and ankles for a few minutes. Then rub dry feet with water and witch hazel or vinegar. This remedy soothes any inflammation and also serves as a light anesthetic.