Vitiligo (also called the Pinta, jiricua or leucodermia) affects on average one in every 200 people and is characterized by the appearance of the skin of white patches or very pale pink surrounded by dark borders.
These patches usually occur more frequently in the area of the face (especially around the eyes and mouth), chest (especially in the armpit and English) and hands. No injuries or causes itching and can affect both children and adults without respect sex, race or ethnicity.
Vitiligo occurs when cells (called melanocytes) that produce the pigment (melanin), or does not produce more cells are destroyed.
It is unknown the exact cause of Vitiligo. However, it could be due to:
- Malfunction of the thyroid gland
- Hormonal changes
- Underlying disorder of other diseases such as pernicious anemia, Addison’s disease or diabetes mellitus.
- However, the most accepted theory is that vitiligo is caused by auto immune system problems when the body reacts as if it were an agent melanocytes and destroy harmful invaders.
It is important that the person suffering from vitiligo to understand this disease to have a realistic expectation of it. Although not a deadly disease is annoying and unpredictable. In some cases (20%) repigmentation occurs spontaneously and other remains static or spreads throughout the body
The factors that give a good prognosis for repigmentation are the recent onset (less than 6 months), that is a young individual affected and that the spots are located in the facial area.
As for the unfavorable factors for repigmentation are delayed occurrence in life and localization in the extremities and lips.
- Cure for vitiligo # 1: Take evening primrose oil capsule at concentrations of 500 mg soft gelatin capsule which can be purchased at pharmacies botanical
- Cure for vitiligo # 2: Apply wheat germ oil stains from cotton only. Sunning the area for about 5 minutes. Not washing later. Repeat this every day.
- Cure for vitiligo # 3: Peel two files and place the shells only in pieces in a clean glass jar. Do not use the rest of this fruit. Add 1 / 4 liter of alcohol and stand for 3 days. Apply the lotion with cotton wool, from the fourth day of the spots. Exposing the skin stained with this preparation in the sun for a few minutes. Wash affected areas with natural water after sunbathing. Repeat this treatment every day until the skin pigment.
- Cure for vitiligo # 4: Crush 50 grams of root macerated mango and leave in a container that contains 2 cups of alcohol at 96 degrees for a period of 20 days. Then, soak in alcohol this preparation over the affected areas.
There are several recommendations for people with vitiligo:
- Avoid stress as a trigger for this condition.
- Educate friends and relatives to overcome the idea that the disease is infectious.
- Caring areas with loss of melanin Because depigmented areas no melanin (the body’s natural protection against sunburn) they are less sensitive to sun exposure are therefore recommended to always wear a high factor sunscreen, long-sleeved clothing and a hat and this prevents the skin surrounding the vitiligo patch of dark making it more visible.
- Follow a healthy diet that includes nutritional supplements such as vitamin B5 or pantothenic acid, vitamin B6, vitamin C and zinc.
- If the affected person may want to temporarily hide stains cosmetics and special creams.