Sprains or muscle lugs are injuries that occur due to an excessive effort in the accomplishment of physical activity (painting the ceiling, lifting a heavy object among others), which causes the muscle fibers are stretched and sometimes torn .
Sprains, however, occur when the ligaments that connect muscle to bone at a joint are torn as in the case of a twisted ankle or a sprained wrist. In this case, the muscles, tendons and blood vessels can also suffer damage causing pain and inflammation.
Strains and sprains should be treated according to the degree of injury. In this regard, lesions first and second grade (lesions with little pain, reduced inflammation and little loss of motion) can be cured with home remedies. However, third-grade lesions (severe pain, severe inflammation and spasmodic muscular contraction.) Require immediate medical evaluation.
The following home remedies for minor sprains or strains (application within 24 hours of occurrence of the injury)
- Remedy for sprains or strains # 1: Apply an ice pack wrapped in a damp cloth for 20 minutes and then off for 20 and continue this process for an hour or so. This remedy serves to numb the affected area and slows blood flow and leakage from damaged blood vessels, reducing inflammation.
- Remedy for sprains or strains # 2: Wrap an elastic bandage around the injured joint, which helps delay the buildup of fluid in the tissues. The band must be firm but not tight as to cut off circulation.
- Remedy for sprains or strains # 3: Elevate the injured body part to help control the inflammation and swelling to getting the blood and fluids away from the injury. If the lesion is in the ankle, should be raised above the waist. If the wrist, must rise above the man.
- The following home remedies for sprains or mild sprain (application after 24 hours of the injury)
- Remedy for sprains or strains # 4: Implement, where the swelling down, warm compresses to the affected area to increase blood flow and promote healing to supply the tissues with nutrients and remove waste products.
- Remedy for sprains or strains # 5: Apply several times a day have been soaked towels (and then squeezed) in warm milk or warm vinegar.
- Remedy for sprains or strains # 6: Dissolve 2 tablespoons of salt in half a cup of water. Boil for 5 minutes this preparation. Remove from heat and wait for it to cool. Then bathe the injury when the water is still warm.
- Remedy for sprains or strains # 7: Simmer over low heat, 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper in 2 cups of cider vinegar for 10 minutes and wash the affected area while the mixture is still warm.
- Remedy for sprains or strains # 8: Mix 1 egg with 1 tablespoon honey and 1 of salt. Then beat until it is firm and let rest for an hour. Subsequently, the liquid spreading over the sprain occurs and cover with a bandage.
- Remedy for sprains or strains # 9: Mix 1 egg yolk beaten with 1 tablespoon eucalyptus oil and 1 tablespoon of vinegar. After massaging the area with this preparation in order to alleviate the pain of twist. Apply this medicine after the third day of the injury.
- Remedy for sprains or strains # 10: Mix in a bowl, 1 cup powdered clay with 1 cup of cold water until a smooth paste is obtained. Apply to the sore area and cover with a towel. Leave on for 20 minutes. This poultice can be applied 3 times a day. With this remedy is done to relieve pain and reduce inflammation
- Remedy for sprains or strains # 11: Boil 2 tablespoons of plantain in 1 cup of water. Remove from heat and add 1 tablespoon salt and 1 / 2 cup apple cider vinegar. Then cover with a lid and let sit for 5 minutes and then filter it. Soak a cotton pad impregnated with this preparation and generously the painful area. Without waiting for dry skin, make a gentle circular massage. This scrub is performed three days after the injury occurred.