Teas and infusions have been used as folk remedies, since ancient times. These drinks can help relieve stomach aches, nervousness, pain or menstrual cramps, nasal congestion and more.
However, also be applied externally to cure different types of skin problems like athlete’s foot and acne.
Even, according to studies, it has become apparent that the teas, especially green which is very popular in the east, offer great health benefits by having anticancer properties (particularly in tumors of the lung, stomach and liver) and diuretics to rid the body of excess fluid.
Below is a list of teas and infusions which have curative effects for different ailments.
- Against the pain of sciatica Boil 1 quart of water and add 10 grams of jasmine flowers and 10 grams of sauce. Remove from heat and let stand for 3 minutes. Take 2 to 3 cups daily to find improvement.
- To relieve tired eyes Take a towel and soak in an infusion of eyebright. Sit back and put the towel warm (not hot) water over closed eyes for 10 to 15 minutes. This infusion causes fatigue disappears from his eyes.
- To combat alcoholism Mix 10 g of horsetail, 1 tablespoon rosemary and 1 tablespoon of Boldo. Boil in 1 cup water and add 12 drops of tincture of echinacea. Stir, cover and let stand 5 minutes. Strain, sweeten (if desired). Horsetail and dandelion are excellent for purifying the blood and encourage the elimination of toxins in case of alcoholism. As for the rosemary and Boldo, restore liver functions and provide energy for the day without alcohol.
- To improve concentration, mood swings, insomnia and depression. Boil 10 grams of cinnamon 1 / 2 liter of water to simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and add 15 grams of damiana leaf. Let stand for 10 minutes. Strain and drink 1 cup 3 times a day.
- The formation of gases Crush the seeds 1 teaspoon toasted fennel and mix with 2 teaspoons of chamomile and 3 teaspoons Place mint leaves in a teapot, add 1 cup of boiling water and let stand three to four minutes. Strain and serve.
- To relieve the headache and stress Add in 1 cup water 3 verbena leaves and 3 tablespoons of lavender flowers. Heat for 10 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes and sweeten with honey. Drink 1 or 2 cups a day if necessary.
- To prevent muscle cramps in a pot, place 1 teaspoon marjoram and 1 teaspoon of oregano. Add 1 / 2 liter of boiling water. Cover and leave to infuse for 20 minutes. Strain, serve and take hot. If you spare this infusion, let cool and refrigerate, heating the portion to be drinking. We recommend incorporating bananas into your weekly diet, and mineral consumption of fruits, in conjunction with this infusion will help offset the cramps; those painful involuntary muscle movements.
- Against colitis. Place 5 tablespoons of marigold leaves and 5 tablespoons of comfrey leaves in a teapot. Add 1 quart of water and boil. Remove from heat and leave to infuse for 15 minutes. Strain, serve and drink hot. While this tea helps reduce inflammation colon is also necessary to change the eating habits and eliminating excessive fat consumption.
- For arthritis Combine in a saucepan set over medium heat, 1 tablespoon dried root of dandelion root 1 teaspoon dried 2 tablespoons licorice root and dried ginger. Add 4 cups water. Cover the pan and let it warm (without reaching the boiling point) for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes. Strain and drink. This tea helps to naturally reduce inflammation of joints to move easily.
- To keep skin smooth. Place in a kettle 1 handful of fresh or frozen raspberries, 1 teaspoon dried raspberry leaves and 1 teaspoon lemon balm leaves. Cover with 2 cups of boiling water and leave to infuse for 15 minutes. Strain, drink cups and serve hot. With this tea combats the effects of free radicals which cause wrinkles, age spots, dark circles and other signs of deterioration of the skin by adding the antioxidants found in fruits such as raspberries
- Anti-nausea Place 1 teaspoon of grated or chopped ginger in 1 cup boiling water Let stand for 5 minutes. Strain and serve. Drink slowly.
- Acne Heat 1 cup water and when boiling add 1 teaspoon of comfrey leaf or root. Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes. Strain and drink 1 cup a day. It is purifying and therefore, internally clean skin of impurities such as acne.
- To control hypertension Boil 1 quart of water for 10 minutes and add 1 tablespoon of mistletoe, 1 tablespoon thyme and 1 tablespoon of passion. Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes. Strain and drink. Take 3 cups a day if necessary.
- For dark circles. Boil a teaspoon of chamomile in one cup of water for 10 minutes. Strain and let cool until lukewarm. Sit back and apply to the eyelids using cotton balls. Another alternative is to boil for 10 minutes, two chamomile tea bags in a cup of water. Then, refresh and apply directly to the eyelids.
- To lose weight. It must boil 1 / 2 liter of pineapple juice with 1 / 2 cups water. Add, then 2 green tea bags and let sit covered for 2 minutes. Drink 1 cup a day. This drink has antioxidant properties, burning fat and facilitates the removal of fluids.