The vomiting or sudden emptying of the stomach by the oral route may be caused by illness and disease.
Vomiting lasting only one or two days in general
are caused by a gastrointestinal infection (bacterial, viral or parasitic), alcohol abuse, or a reaction to medication.
Other causes for vomiting for longer than two days are:
- Avian accompanied by high fever,
- It is important to note that even heart problems like angina and heart attack can cause vomiting.
Among the symptoms are often accompanied by vomiting:
- Loss of strength
- Nausea in the case of pregnancy.
- Remedy for vomiting # 1 Prepare a tea with 2 teaspoons of lemon balm, 2 chamomile mint and 2. Place in a bowl and then add a cup of boiled water for 5 minutes. Cover and brew. Take, sipped, when vomiting occurs.
- Remedy for vomiting # 2 Suck an ice cube slowly when noticing the first symptoms of vomiting.
- Remedy for vomiting # 3 Cut an onion in half and rub into armpits each occurrence of the sensation of vomiting.
- Remedy for vomiting # 4 Apply to belly, wet towels which must be alternated with hot water (a couple of minutes) and other cold water (no more than a minute).
- Remedy for vomiting # 5 Prepare an infusion with 1 ginger root which must be chopped into pieces and put in two cups boiling water for 10 minutes. Drink slowly when it is still warm.
Some recommendations to prevent dehydration caused by constant vomiting:
- To continuously liquids. It is necessary to avoid dehydration. Therefore, you should drink enough liquids to replace the lost power, but must be transparent as water, herbal teas or fruit juices (especially apple). Other liquids is not advisable as milk or thick soups, because they may be too heavy for the stomach.
- Because mineral Seek vomiting also removes minerals from the body, it is necessary electrolyte drink or water containing a couple of pinches of salt and sugar every half hour.
- Take warm drinks. It is recommended to drink cold liquids because they produce a strong impact on the stomach irritation. It’s better than the drinks are at room temperature or warm.
- Sipping drinks instead of long. If the liquid is sipped, this allows the stomach to be irritated regularized. If it does well, maybe the fluid is taking is vomited.
- Avoid drinking gas. Transparent soft drinks or sodas should not be taken until they lose all their gas, because the bubbles can cause more vomiting.
- Check urine color. If you notice that your urine is dark yellow should drink more fluids. The more clear, better to avoid dehydration
- Start a diet rich in carbohydrates once past the vomiting. The first step is to consume gelatin, which is a semi-liquid food, gentle on the stomach and rich in carbohydrates. You can then go including soft foods like applesauce, toast without butter or simple crackers. As the person feel better, you can eat chicken noodle soup or rice soup with chicken fat.
- When you go to medical assistance. If vomiting is persistent (24 hours have passed and nothing seems to help) or contains blood, you should seek immediate medical help. Similarly, if symptoms such as thirst, lack of urination or dizziness when standing up, may it is dehydration, which also requires prompt medical attention.